Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gruntsplatter - Chronicling The Famine

I'm not big into dark ambient, but there are a few artists that intrigue me...Brighter Death Now, Lustmord, Coil, Endura. I'm no expert that's for sure. Despite my limited knowledge, I know what I like, and Gruntsplatter I like. This project is the brainchild of Scott Candey of WormGear and CrionicMind fame (check out his blog too). Despite the somewhat bleak packaging, this is a pretty lush sounding recording, headphones definitely required. Lush, but dark for sure...suffocating really. The amount of textures being layered upon each other is unreal. This is really good tripping music if you still do that sort of thing haha. Mastered by Robert Rich, that's probably why it sounds so fucking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment