Monday, February 27, 2012

Psyche Out: Don Bradshaw-Leather - Distance Between Us

Dark Psychedelia will be the name of the game around here for a little bit, and I wanted to start things out with an enigmatic album that I just recently stumbled upon: Don Bradshaw and a gal named Leather's soul-occult psyche freakout from '72. It's difficult to even describe this. I can only say it is haunting, powerful, horrific, insane, beautiful....I could go on but I think I'll stop right there. Do some research on this guy, it's fascinating the conjecture and mythology that people go into. Does no one actually know who this was?!? Anyway, I've been listening to these youtube clips the past few daze and I advise you to do the same. No link, but music this ephemeral should not sit on your computer anyway, it should settle deep in your mind only to come alive during those darkest moments when surreality can offer the only escape.


1 comment:

  1. nice. he should've made a record with the other silver freak, Nik Turner of Hawkwind.

    ReplyDelete