Monday, October 18, 2010

Countess - Revenge of the Horned One Part II


For the next week or so its going to be Dutchfest.  Nothing but the best and brightest in Dutch heavy metal.  The Dutch have always put their wicked spin on everything they touch.  Dutch apple, Dutch rubs, Dutch oven, Dutch shoes.  Like their shoes, the Dutch Style is heavy, somewhat cumbersome, and more than a little awkward...which takes us to our first entry, Countess!
Countess is brainchild of one Orlok, responsible for the 13 Candles mindfuck.  This album was my first introduction to the man's work and it took a long time for me to warm up to it, but I did, and its become embedded in my musical consciousness ever since.  I'm so grateful to Part II for introducing me to Orlok's musical vision of old maid shrieking, chromatically cornball guitar leads and trad metal hooliganism.  Thanks Part II, Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment